Back last September, I reviewed my then-recent mobile phone watch purchase.
All in all, it has done me fairly well. For this review, I’ll do a simple pros and cons list, followed by an overall recommendation.
- It’s on your wrist, so it’s pretty difficult to forget to take it with you.
- It’s quad band, so you can use it anywhere in the world.
- It has a camera and plays audio and video.
- It’s a great conversation piece. Everybody calls you “James Bond” when you’re wearing it :)
But it’s all not puppies and rainbows. There are some serious problems.
- The user interface sucks. A lot. The software is just plain awful and it’s difficult to use.
- The Bluetooth functionality is buggy as hell.
- The build quality sucks. A lot. (see next few points)
- The stylus fell off within the first few weeks.
- The latch for the USB port broke after a few months.
- The band broke today. This subsequently broke the casing and now it just says “Please insert SIM card” indefinitely.
So all in all, I think phone watches are a great idea, but I think we have to wait until Apple or Nokia has a crack at them.
I definitely cannot recommend this particular product.
Hopefully we’ll see some better ones on the market soon. In the meantime, may mine rest in pieces… :(